The mission of the office of the Inspector General
The purpose of the Civil Air Patrol Inspector General system is, in part, to create an independent and objective system that:
- Resolves problems affecting Civil Air Patrol missions promptly and objectively.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust in which issues can be objectively and fully resolved without retaliation or the fear of reprisal.
- Ensures the existence of responsive complaint and inspection programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality.
- Ensures the concerns of Civil Air Patrol members and the best interests of Civil Air Patrol are addressed through objective fact-finding.
- Educates Civil Air Patrol members and commanders regarding the privileges of and protection for those contacting an inspector general.
- Ensures inspectors general, inspector general staff members, and investigating officers are trained to conduct thorough, unbiased investigations and inspections based on fair and objective fact-finding.
Specific, detailed guidance on the CAP IG program may be found in:
CAPR 20-1 Inspector General Program
CAPR 20-2 Complaint Resolution