2024 ALWG Summer Encampment
The 2024 ALWG encampment will be at Marion Military Institute in Marion, AL from 1 to 8 June, 2024.
Applications are now being sought for those ALWG Cadets who may be interested in serving as the Cadet Commander of the ALWG Summer Encampment to be held June 1 – 8 at Marion Military institute in Marion, AL.
Below is the position description for Cadet Commander, outlining responsibilities and preferred experience requirements of candidates for this position.
Please submit a resume of your relevant CAP experience along with a cover letter outlining why you would like to serve as 2024 ALWG Summer Encampment Cadet Commander to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your resume your resume and cover letter before Saturday, January 6, 2024 in order to be considered. Should you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cadet Commander (C/CC)
The Commandant of Cadets supervises the C/CC during the encampment.
The Cadet Commander (C/CC) is responsible for the implementation and conduct of the encampment program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides focus and direction to the cadet staff, to insure proper implementation of the encampment program
· Assists in the selection of qualified senior cadets for command staff selection
· Maintenance and consistency of training standards in the encampment program
· Serve as a role model and example for all the members of the cadet staff
· Provide counseling services when appropriate
· Provide an appropriate forum for feedback of the encampment program
· Foster cohesiveness, teamwork and unity of purpose within the cadet staff
· Ensure cadet staff writes continuity documents with sample work or output
Desired Professional Experience:
C/Maj or higher rank desired (Cadet Achievement 14)
Six months or more experience as a Squadron Cadet Commander
Previous Encampment staffing experience, preferably as Deputy Cadet Commander for a previous encampment
Demonstrated success leading Cadet Activities at the Squadron or Cadet activity level
6 January 2024: Cadet Commander Applications due
30 May 2024: All staff reports to Marion Military Institute
1-8 June 2024: ALWG Encampment activity